United Way of Brazoria County directly funds 52 health and human service programs that help children and youth achieve their potential, promote financial stability and independence, and improve people's health. Additional resources are also provided to the community through United Way initiatives and partnerships such as Helpline Information and Referral, Disaster Recovery and Response, the Emergency Food and Shelter Program, and the Cool Deal Fan Club.
March 27 - April 1, 2014: United Way of Brazoria County will be closed to the public during this brief period as we transition to a new office building. We will be open to the public again, beginning on Wednesday, April 2, 2014. Our new address is 4005 Technology Road Ste. 1020, Angleton, TX 77515. Our phone number will remain the same: 979-849-9402 or 800-971-6677. Thank you for your patience during this move!
Thank you BASF for hitting it out of the ballpark with the 5% increase in participation and over 9% increase in over donations!
United Way Worldwide Disaster Rebuilding Fund Activated to Support Communities Affected by Typhoon in the Philippines
Why Education, Income and Health?
United Way creates opportunities by focusing on the building blocks for a good life.
HELPING CHILDREN AND YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR POTENTIAL
- Improving access to quality, affordable child care and early learning opportunities
- Creating opportunities for children to excel in school
- Providing after-school and mentoring programs for at-risk youth
PROMOTING FINANCIAL STABILITY AND INDEPENDENCE
- Supporting basic needs while increasing financial education
- Helping hardworking people obtain family-sustaining wages
- Increasing access to affordable housing for individuals and families
IMPROVING PEOPLE'S HEALTH
- Increasing access to critical healthcare services
- Reducing substance abuse, child abuse and domestic violence
- Increasing health education and preventive care