United Way of Brazoria County directly funds 52 health and human service programs that help children and youth achieve their potential, promote financial stability and independence, and improve people's health. Additional resources are also provided to the community through United Way initiatives and partnerships such as Helpline Information and Referral, Disaster Recovery and Response, the Emergency Food and Shelter Program, and the Cool Deal Fan Club.
The mission of United Way of Brazoria County is to educate, unite and focus the community's resources
in order to efficiently address the most critical needs in Brazoria County.
2014-2015 Community Building Grants - Click the link to redirect to the page with documents.
Part-Time Account Associate Position Open at UWBC - Click the link to download the job description.
Brazoria County Hurricane Guide 2014 - Click the link to download the PDF.
Cool Deal Fan Club 2014 National United Way Day of Action, June 20 and June 21.
Brazoria County Hurricane Preparedness Expo July 12, Brazoria County Fairgrounds
Why Education, Income and Health?
United Way creates opportunities by focusing on the building blocks for a good life.
HELPING CHILDREN AND YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR POTENTIAL
- Improving access to quality, affordable child care and early learning opportunities
- Creating opportunities for children to excel in school
- Providing after-school and mentoring programs for at-risk youth
PROMOTING FINANCIAL STABILITY AND INDEPENDENCE
- Supporting basic needs while increasing financial education
- Helping hardworking people obtain family-sustaining wages
- Increasing access to affordable housing for individuals and families
IMPROVING PEOPLE'S HEALTH
- Increasing access to critical healthcare services
- Reducing substance abuse, child abuse and domestic violence
- Increasing health education and preventive care